October was spooky af. Spooky as in filled with an alarming amount of stress and adult-ish life things. I’ve spent as much time trying to not think about all my obligations as I have actually doing them. Probably more time. Regardless, now that it’s November I’m thinking that I can, perhaps, take a look back and reflect. And hopefully take on November w/ the fierceness I need to accomplish all of the things!
In an effort to help myself both procrastinate further on my looming deadlines and self-reflect,I’ve put together a review of my October.
Things I Did/Accomplished
- Applied for & got a job at a sweet non-profit (@fwliteracyalliance) as a Social Media Coordinator/Intern
- Planned (haphazardly or not) my campus’s Take Back the Night event
- Published an issue of Cat Talk
- Moved (v sluggishly) from a tiny apartment to a spooky old house
- Painted my bedroom walls (for the first time ever–and got a rad new poster !)
- Wrote (1) blog post ! (I wanted to do at least two, but whatevs)
- Didn’t completely fuck up all my classes (I’m struggling, but persevering)
- Helped plan a handful of student org events w/ Campus Feminists in Solidarity & Voices of Choice (w/ the encouragement and patience of Lauren who is a gem)
- Worked at my sweet movie theatre job and in the Women’s Studies office 🙂
- Applied for the Bitch Media Fellowship for Writers
- Applied to be a Contributing Writer to Everyday Feminism
- Maintained a social life by moving into a house w/ all my friends
So, moving forward I’ve just got to get my shit together to enjoy November. Which has some cool/scary/exciting things to offer my over-optimistic (in terms of goals I set for myself) life. Some of which include:
- I’m on a panel at The National Women’s Studies Association (NWSA) Conference ! What? (The panel is called ‘Creative and Rebellious: Feminist Students’ Activism Through New and Old Media’ !)
- I have to really rock out my classes in order to pass and graduate in May, no pressure
- Cools student org events (like a book sale & a screening of the documentary UnSlut that we organized w/ the local theatre I work at!)
- Hanging out w/ the five cats I live w/
- Continuing the lovely and loving relationships I’m in
- Writing more blog posts abt things I care about!
- Finish/start/ahh putting the new house together !
- Celebrate my bae Alex’s birthday (late b/c I’ll be @ the NWSA conference)
- Work on Cat Talk more !
- Start organizing the campus production of The Vagina Monologues (we’ve had community performances of the play the past two year but we’re possibly going to perform another play–yes!)
- Probably a lot of things I’m forgetting
Anyway, overall I’d give October a ‘it could be worse but i never want to live through it again.’ I have jobs that I like and am grateful for, lovely friends, really fucking rad partners, a supportive family, perfect cats, a spooky awesome house to live in, and my IBS hasn’t been the absolute worst recently.
I hope that your lives are going alright. Maybe making a list would be helpful for you as well, but no pressure. Life’s going to keep going and be chaotic and beautiful and hard. & that’s cool.